St Albans businessmen taking on Barcelona Marathon
DEFIBRILLATORS can mean the difference between life and death and four businessmen from St Albans are set to go the distance to raise cash for the life-saving equipment.
Mark Peddle, 37, Chris Pearce, 40, David Wright, 24, and Dan Ainsworth, also 24, all work for KDW Associates and together they will run the Barcelona Marathon on March 6. Every penny they raise will go towards SADS UK (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome) and the purchase of two defibrillators for St Albans City Football Club and Verulam School.
So far, the fantastic four have raised just under �2,000 but they are looking to raise an impressive �5,000 and are calling on anybody who wishes to support them in their quest to ensure that public places have access to defibrillators, to sponsor them.
KDW’s relationship with SADS UK began when clients of Ken Wright, founder and director of the independent financial planning group, lost their son because of SADS. Employers at KDW were inspired by the couple, Barrie and Brenda Irons’ fundraising and their mission to raise awareness.
David said: “We are running for a brilliant charity. We have witnessed over the past few years how much of a difference something like a defibrillator can make. It saves lives and knowing that we are running to make even the slightest difference is a great motivation and fantastic feeling.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Mark and David completed the Paris Marathon and raised �3,000 which allowed them to donate a defibrillator to Marlborough School.
The foursome will be joined by two other friends, Olly Hinks and Rob Bygrove, when they take on the 26.2 miles in Barcelona. To sponsor them visit http://www.justgiving.com/KDWbarcelona and to read about their journey visit http://kdwassociates.blogspot.com/
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 5 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 8 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire