St Albans businessmen heading to Paris on charity ride
TWO St Albans businessmen have set off on a 314-mile cycling challenge from London to France to raise over �3,000 for Action Medical Research.
Steve Macdonald and Danny Williams have been training for months for the London to Paris Cycling Challenge in aid of Action Medical Research.
The pair will ride more than 80 miles a day through the French countryside before reaching Paris where their arrival has been timed to coordinate with the finish of the Tour de France.
Steve, who works at Property and Commercial Finance, said: “We will arrive in Paris just prior to the finish of the Tour de France so will be able to take up a position on the Champs Elyees and watch the riders coming through.”
They will be joined by 750 other cyclists for the event and among their sponsors have been Aitchison Raffety and SA Law in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Aitchison’s Mark Bunting commented: “Having just completed a cycle ride from St Albans to Devon in aid of Grove Hospice, I know just what a challenge these guys are taking on and wish them the best of luck.”
SA Law’s Steve Ryan said: “Action Medical Research is a charity whose research changes the lives of hundred and thousands of babies and children every year and we are proud to be supporting Steve and Danny in this event.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 8 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
The ride is due to finish on Sunday.