St Albans businessmen heading to Paris on charity ride
TWO St Albans businessmen have set off on a 314-mile cycling challenge from London to France to raise over �3,000 for Action Medical Research.
Steve Macdonald and Danny Williams have been training for months for the London to Paris Cycling Challenge in aid of Action Medical Research.
The pair will ride more than 80 miles a day through the French countryside before reaching Paris where their arrival has been timed to coordinate with the finish of the Tour de France.
Steve, who works at Property and Commercial Finance, said: “We will arrive in Paris just prior to the finish of the Tour de France so will be able to take up a position on the Champs Elyees and watch the riders coming through.”
They will be joined by 750 other cyclists for the event and among their sponsors have been Aitchison Raffety and SA Law in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Aitchison’s Mark Bunting commented: “Having just completed a cycle ride from St Albans to Devon in aid of Grove Hospice, I know just what a challenge these guys are taking on and wish them the best of luck.”
SA Law’s Steve Ryan said: “Action Medical Research is a charity whose research changes the lives of hundred and thousands of babies and children every year and we are proud to be supporting Steve and Danny in this event.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
The ride is due to finish on Sunday.