St Albans businessmen heading to Paris on charity ride
TWO St Albans businessmen have set off on a 314-mile cycling challenge from London to France to raise over �3,000 for Action Medical Research.
Steve Macdonald and Danny Williams have been training for months for the London to Paris Cycling Challenge in aid of Action Medical Research.
The pair will ride more than 80 miles a day through the French countryside before reaching Paris where their arrival has been timed to coordinate with the finish of the Tour de France.
Steve, who works at Property and Commercial Finance, said: “We will arrive in Paris just prior to the finish of the Tour de France so will be able to take up a position on the Champs Elyees and watch the riders coming through.”
They will be joined by 750 other cyclists for the event and among their sponsors have been Aitchison Raffety and SA Law in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
Aitchison’s Mark Bunting commented: “Having just completed a cycle ride from St Albans to Devon in aid of Grove Hospice, I know just what a challenge these guys are taking on and wish them the best of luck.”
SA Law’s Steve Ryan said: “Action Medical Research is a charity whose research changes the lives of hundred and thousands of babies and children every year and we are proud to be supporting Steve and Danny in this event.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
The ride is due to finish on Sunday.