St Albans businessman gets top award from David Beckham
RECEIVING a top business award for the fourth year running was high praise for St Albans businessman Martin Rashdi.
But to have it presented by the country’s most famous footballer who is also the world’s most photographed man, David Beckham, was the icing on the cake.
Martin, of King Harry Lane, is principal partner with leading wealth management company St James’s Place, and once again won the award for the company’s top large business during 2010.
He received his award from David Beckham at the St James’s Place Wealth Management award ceremony held at the O2 in London and hosted by BBC presenter Clare Balding.
Delighted to receive the award from such a huge star, Martin said: “What an absolute privilege to meet him.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We were delighted to win the award and look forward to another successful year.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind