St Albans businessman gets top award from David Beckham
RECEIVING a top business award for the fourth year running was high praise for St Albans businessman Martin Rashdi.
But to have it presented by the country’s most famous footballer who is also the world’s most photographed man, David Beckham, was the icing on the cake.
Martin, of King Harry Lane, is principal partner with leading wealth management company St James’s Place, and once again won the award for the company’s top large business during 2010.
He received his award from David Beckham at the St James’s Place Wealth Management award ceremony held at the O2 in London and hosted by BBC presenter Clare Balding.
Delighted to receive the award from such a huge star, Martin said: “What an absolute privilege to meet him.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We were delighted to win the award and look forward to another successful year.”
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area