St Albans businesses unwrapping for Christmas with naked card
- Credit: Archant
Local businesses in St Albans are getting together and revealing “all” in a WI style Christmas card.
Coordinated by Sue Wybrow, founder of the St Albans Businesses (SAB) group and photographed by Monir Ali of Little Big Ego, the Christmas card will feature representatives from more than 30 district businesses, including our very own editor, Matt Adams.
Sue, who also runs dance company, Popdance World, had the idea after producing a “naked” calendar for a friend’s 50th birthday and thought it would be a great project for the St Albans Businesses group to get involved in.
All profits raised will be donated to SAB’s partner charity Home-Start Hertfordshire, helping struggling families across the county.
Home-Start senior co-ordinator, Suzy Moody, who will also feature on the Christmas card said: “After the success of the Justin Timberlake-inspired video that SABs produced earlier this year, which now has over 11,000 hits on YouTube and raised thousands of pounds for Home-Start, we didn’t know what SAB would come up with next - needless to say, we are apprehensive but very excited to be involved in the naked Christmas Card project”.
You may also want to watch:
Sue said: “Businesses were scared to get involved at first - the pure mention of a naked Christmas Card sent a lot of them hiding behind their desks, however, after the success of the SAB video, lots of local businesses have taken the plunge and signed up to be involved in this project. No-one will actually be naked - strategically placed props associated with their businesses will protect their modesty as well as them actually wearing clothes too - it will just look as if they are not!”
There are just a few places left, if you would like your business included in another of SABs crazy projects, then get in touch with them at email@example.com
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
You can also purchase a 2017 Year Planner featuring Herts county council school holiday dates, business events and networking dates and featuring local St Albans businesses - all in aid of Home-Start.