St Albans businesses just Can’t Stop This Feeling in Justin Timberlake charity spoof
- Credit: Archant
Businesses have put on their dancing shoes to take on Justin Timberlake for charity.
A spoof video of Justin’s latest song, Can’t Stop This Feeling, created by different companies in St Albans, has raised more than £2,000 for Home Start - a charity that tries to help families get a better start in life.
Around 30 businesses took part in the video shoot, as well as the previous Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Salih Gaygusuz, who took on the role of Timberlake.
The video was filmed by Yellow Lizard Media in different locations around St Albans, featuring people dancing outside their businesses. It then premiered at the Odyssey Cinema in St Albans last Thursday, raising £2,327 for the charity.
The idea for the parody came from Sue Wybrow, the founder of St Albans Businesses (SAB) group, who decided it would be a “fun thing” for them to recreate. She said: “The premiere went really well and it’s all going mad on social media now.
You may also want to watch:
“We are overwhelmed with the response from the business community in St Albans to take part in this project.
“From a brief mention on Facebook, tons of businesses jumped up and got involved”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
Sue, who runs the dance company, Popdance International, also coordinated the dance routine that mimics the moves in Justin’s video. She added: “Everyone has been amazing, fun to work with and very flexible.”