St Albans businesses just Can’t Stop This Feeling in Justin Timberlake charity spoof
- Credit: Archant
Businesses have put on their dancing shoes to take on Justin Timberlake for charity.
A spoof video of Justin’s latest song, Can’t Stop This Feeling, created by different companies in St Albans, has raised more than £2,000 for Home Start - a charity that tries to help families get a better start in life.
Around 30 businesses took part in the video shoot, as well as the previous Mayor of St Albans, Cllr Salih Gaygusuz, who took on the role of Timberlake.
The video was filmed by Yellow Lizard Media in different locations around St Albans, featuring people dancing outside their businesses. It then premiered at the Odyssey Cinema in St Albans last Thursday, raising £2,327 for the charity.
The idea for the parody came from Sue Wybrow, the founder of St Albans Businesses (SAB) group, who decided it would be a “fun thing” for them to recreate. She said: “The premiere went really well and it’s all going mad on social media now.
“We are overwhelmed with the response from the business community in St Albans to take part in this project.
“From a brief mention on Facebook, tons of businesses jumped up and got involved”
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Club night revival in St Albans
- 5 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 Man stabbed in St Albans
Sue, who runs the dance company, Popdance International, also coordinated the dance routine that mimics the moves in Justin’s video. She added: “Everyone has been amazing, fun to work with and very flexible.”