St Albans businesses invited to network in the pub
AN innovative new networking group is bringing together business from across the St Albans community for a drink and a chat.
Created by a small group of local designers and social media experts, the monthly Afternoon in the Pub event is open to any St Albans businesses, from one-man bands to larger firms, looking for some free advice while enjoying a drink at one of the district’s many pubs.
Last month representatives from more than 40 local businesses came along to the third event, including Cuthberts Toys to Dixie’s Cupcakes, design agencies, retailers, printers and accountants.
Matt Bigg from The Collective Design Agency is one of the brains behind the concept: “The general aim is to get people together sharing information and getting advice from each other, all absolutely free, and in the process to help business in St Albans thrive, in a sort of one-for-all-and-all-for-one principle.
“It’s a totally different concept to other business networks: it’s free and informal, and people can come away having met some great people and got some good advice. It’s a really good support network for smaller local businesses who are maybe feeling the pinch and want to talk through some issues and challenges with like-minded people without always having to pay for the expertise.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt is one of a group of experts who are on hand to talk through any and all marketing, copywriting, design and social media issues businesses may have, and he added: “The best part is, it’s 100 per cent free and you can come and go as you please.”
The next Afternoon in the Pub event will be a child-friendly Afternoon in the Pub in Bar 62 January 18, so any local businesswoman or man with small children can bring them along. There will even be some entertainment provided to keep the little ones amused.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 7 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind
See www.anafternooninthepub.co.uk or follow them on Twitter – @pminthepub