St Albans businesses invited to join in with It’s A Knockout fun
DOES your company have what it takes to win It’s a Knockout?
St Albans-based charity, the National Association for Colitis & Crohn’s Disease (NACC) will be kicking off the summer holidays when it holds its first It’s a Knockout! event on July 25 at the OA Sports Club, Woollam Playing Fields, Harpenden Road, St Albans.
Teams from corporate sectors, community businesses, charities and clubs are invited to take part in “knockout” games designed for all abilities, including penguin races, bubble pits, slippery slides and inflatables.
No training is required and there are extra points to score for those teams who bring cheerleaders or wear fancy dress costume.
An NACC spokesperson said: “This is an event not to be missed! Twenty teams of up to 10 fun-loving adults per team can take part and really let their hair down, enjoy the summer and raise money for Crohn’s and Colitis and other charities.
You may also want to watch:
“Children are also encouraged to take part, and the charity is also looking for local children’s sports clubs, youth clubs, families and friends to enter teams of up to six children per team for a special children’s only knockout event.”
Both adults and children’s games will be supported by wacky children’s TV presenter, Jamie Rickers, who will provide the commentary.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
Open to the general public on the day from 11.30am (11am for teams) to around 4pm, spectators, cheerleaders, supporters and families with younger children will be able to enjoy the excitement of the games and other activities such as bouncy castles, face-painting, side stalls, BBQ and refreshments.
A team of contestants from BBC One’s Total Wipeout Show will be participating and Europe’s top Tom Jones Tribute act, Billy Lee, will also perform after the games.
Entry for spectators is only �3 per adult with free entry for OAPs, the disabled and children under 16 (who must be accompanied by an adult).
For more information or to register a team contact the NACC Fundraising Team by calling 01727 734485 or go to www.nacc.org.uk/knockout.