St Albans Business Community encourages budding artists to get creative
- Credit: Archant
St Albans businesses are encouraging people to get creative to raise money for charity.
The Businesses Community (TBC) St Albans are picking up paintbrushes, crayons, glitter, feathers and more to support Home Start Herts, JDRF Diabetes and MND Association.
TBC founder Sue Wybrow said: "Sometimes we are just so busy with life, work, family, social media - rushing here, rushing there, that we thought it was time to stop, take stock and have a bit of 'me time'."
Anyone is welcome to take part and register with TBC to get their canvas.
Finished canvases will be on display in an exhibition at Rothamsted Enterprises on Friday, September 20 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Visitors can place silent bids, starting at £5, on any piece of art. The profits from the event will be split between the three charities.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping