St Albans Business Community encourages budding artists to get creative
- Credit: Archant
St Albans businesses are encouraging people to get creative to raise money for charity.
The Businesses Community (TBC) St Albans are picking up paintbrushes, crayons, glitter, feathers and more to support Home Start Herts, JDRF Diabetes and MND Association.
TBC founder Sue Wybrow said: "Sometimes we are just so busy with life, work, family, social media - rushing here, rushing there, that we thought it was time to stop, take stock and have a bit of 'me time'."
Anyone is welcome to take part and register with TBC to get their canvas.
Finished canvases will be on display in an exhibition at Rothamsted Enterprises on Friday, September 20 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. Visitors can place silent bids, starting at £5, on any piece of art. The profits from the event will be split between the three charities.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'