St Albans businesses are naked and proud this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A group of businesses from St Albans teamed up to “bare all” in the name of charity!
A Women’s Institute-style Christmas card has been created featuring 35 businesses using only props associated with their business to protect their modesty!
Sue Wybrow, who runs Popdance and manages the St Albans Businesses Community networking group, said: “Getting together with other business owners is key to business success - getting them to bare all in the name of charity proved to be a real bonding session!”
Suzy Moody, strategic Mmanager for Home-Start Hertfordshire, which is set to benefit from sales of the card, said: ‘The Christmas card photo shoot was hilarious, it’s amazing what you can do with a bit of creativity, a load of business themed props and a good photographer!
“It’s great being the St Albans Businesses’ partner charity, we love getting involved and showing how much fun it can be supporting local families and children. Sue’s fundraising ideas are never dull!
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised from the cards will go towards our Home-Start Herts 2016 Snowflake Appeal which this year is raising funds so we can support more of the families referred to us.”
Jenny Smith of Digital Jen said: “Having been supported by Home-Start a few years ago, taking part to give something back was the least I could do. The shoot was an extension of the great community spirit that being part of St Albans Businesses brings - it’s a privilege to be part of it.”
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
And Steve Jacob of SJ Locks said: ‘I enjoy getting my kit off! Especially for a great cause “
But one of the best lines of the day was from Monir Ali who took the photographs: “Can you just move the rubber chicken a little closer please!”
The St Albans Businesses Naked Christmas cards are available for purchase now.