St Albans business network win SME award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans business network have been honoured at a Herts small business awards.
Platinum Point won ‘Best Networking Group’ at the SME Hertfordshire Business Awards last week.
Platinum Point’s chair, Derek Blair, said: “Platinum Point members work hard to make the group a success.
“Last year we did over £280,000 of business between group members, but we also had a lot of fun doing it.
“The members are either sole traders or they run businesses with a small number of employees, and it really helps to have such a wide range of expertise and support at your fingertips.
You may also want to watch:
“As a founder member, I am just delighted we have achieved this recognition, and it’s very gratifying to know when six of us set up Platinum Point in 2006 we were very much on the right track.”
Judges said they awarded the network for making “networking interesting”.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Network member Business Film Booth also won the ‘Best New Business’ award.