St Albans business network win SME award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans business network have been honoured at a Herts small business awards.
Platinum Point won ‘Best Networking Group’ at the SME Hertfordshire Business Awards last week.
Platinum Point’s chair, Derek Blair, said: “Platinum Point members work hard to make the group a success.
“Last year we did over £280,000 of business between group members, but we also had a lot of fun doing it.
“The members are either sole traders or they run businesses with a small number of employees, and it really helps to have such a wide range of expertise and support at your fingertips.
You may also want to watch:
“As a founder member, I am just delighted we have achieved this recognition, and it’s very gratifying to know when six of us set up Platinum Point in 2006 we were very much on the right track.”
Judges said they awarded the network for making “networking interesting”.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Network member Business Film Booth also won the ‘Best New Business’ award.