St Albans business music video nominated for award at BAFTA
- Credit: Archant
Representatives from a St Albans business network and parenting charity Home-Start were among the stars at a glittering awards ceremony in London.
The St Albans Businesses group’s spoof video cover of a Justin Timberlake song, made to raise money for charity, had been nominated for an award.
The video of Can’t Stop This Feeling, made by 30 businesses and edited by Bricket Wood’s Yellow Lizard Media, was put up for the Charity Film Awards by Home-Start’s Suzy Moody.
They were told in November the video had been shortlisted from over 500 entries.
Suzy said: “It was a great achievement to be shortlisted.
“It had over 14,500 views on YouTube and over £2,000 was raised, so that is a fantastic result.
“It just shows how much can be achieved when everyone pulls together.”
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 10 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
Although the video was not selected as a finalist, Suzy and Sue Wybrow of St Albans Businesses were invited to the ceremony on Wednesday, March 15 at the BAFTA building.
Sue said: “We had no idea that this video was going to take off in the way it did and then being shortlisted for the film awards was amazing.
“The members of St Albans Businesses have done a lot to support Home-Start and it was an honour to represent them at the Awards Ceremony.”
Home-Start, based at St Albans council offices, recruits and trains volunteer parents to visit families who are struggling with the many challenges of parenthood.
They have been offering the service for 40 years now.
The Charity Film Awards were started to get exposure for film fundraising, and celebrate the best of its kind.
To find out more about Home-Start visit www.home-startherts.org.uk