St Albans Business Festival presents 60 seconds that could change your company forever
- Credit: Archant
The forthcoming St Albans Business Festival aims to get people out of their offices and connecting with businesses across the district.
The festival is organised by the St Albans District of Commerce and supported by the Herts Advertiser.
Chamber executive director Lisa Bates said: “In the district we have a wealth of expertise across the business world from solicitors and accountants to marketers and IT experts.
“The challenge for many people is getting the opportunity to meet and connect with the movers and shakers who can help you grow your business – our speed networking event will enable you to do just this.”
In speed networking you get 60 seconds to make an impression on fellow business people.
You may also want to watch:
The event is hosted by Chamber Vice President June Cory who explained: “Speed networking is noisy, action packed and the only place in St Albans where you will get to meet over 40 delegates in three hours who all want to meet new business contacts.
“Virgin speed networkers shouldn’t be put off by the frantic nature of the event, it’s great fun, there’s lots of energy in the room and you are highly likely to meet a potential client, a referrer, a supplier or even a new friend. “
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
June’s four tips for getting the best out of speed networking are: practice your 60 second pitch so you can maintain eye contact with the other delegates; be concise, memorable and upbeat: remember to smile and listen to what others are saying; and always follow up after the event.
The speed networking event takes place at 6pm on Tuesday June 23 at Oaklands College Smallford. Cost for non-Chamber members is £27 and includes a buffet and glass of wine.
For more information about the St Albans Business Festival and to book tickets visit www.stalbans-chamber.co.uk/buy-online/events.