St Albans businesses invited to wear their Christmas jumper to work
- Credit: Archant
St Albans businesses have been invited to hold a Christmas jumper day to raise money for charity.
The Chamber of Commerce and a team of St Albans Girls School (STAGS) pupils are holding the day for Small Acts of Kindness.
Small Acts of Kindness source and distribute gifts to older people to keep them warm.
St Albans Chamber of Commerce’s executive director Lisa Bates-Wallis said: “I am amazed by the dedication and hard work these young ladies are putting in to help such a great charity and some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
“I am delighted to be working with them and invite as many people as possible to join our Chamber Christmas Jumper Day.”
You may also want to watch:
The STAGS pupils are taking part in the Dragon’s Apprentice Challenge as Team Unity.
The Dragon’s Apprentice Challenge is a competition run annually by Community Central St Albans, where school teams must turn £100 into at least £1,000.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
CEO and founder of Small Acts of Kindness Lynne Misner said: “As the weather turns colder, many older people struggle to keep warm at home, with some making the almost unimaginable choice between heating and eating.
“We extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who is taking part in the Chamber Christmas Jumper Day 2017 for their kind donations and support.”
Businesses and individuals can sign up to the Chamber Christmas Jumper day for a minimum donation of £25 per company or £1 per individual by visiting teamunity.org.uk and giving full contact details in the message to register.
Alternatively, donations can be collected and delivered to Team Unity, St Albans Girls’ School, 6th Form Centre, Sandridgebury Lane, St Albans AL3 6DB.