Two men arrested following burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Two men have been arrested in connection with a burglary in St Albans.
Between 9.50am on November 10 and 8.30pm on November 11, it is alleged thieves broke into a Watford Road home and stole jewellery and watches.
A 26-year-old man, of no fixed address, has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and is in police custody.
Another man – a 33-year-old from Watford – was arrested earlier this month in connection with the alleged burglary and has been released under investigation.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “We have seen a recent increase in burglaries in the St Albans district and as a result have increased high visibility and covert patrols as part of our efforts to identify and arrest offenders.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re urging residents to review their home security and consider investing in alarms, CCTV and video doorbells.
“If you see anyone acting suspiciously in your neighbourhood please report it to police straight away by calling 101. If you believe a crime is in progress dial 999.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire