Two men arrested following burglary in St Albans
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Two men have been arrested in connection with a burglary in St Albans.
Between 9.50am on November 10 and 8.30pm on November 11, it is alleged thieves broke into a Watford Road home and stole jewellery and watches.
A 26-year-old man, of no fixed address, has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and is in police custody.
Another man – a 33-year-old from Watford – was arrested earlier this month in connection with the alleged burglary and has been released under investigation.
Det Insp Alex Warwick said: “We have seen a recent increase in burglaries in the St Albans district and as a result have increased high visibility and covert patrols as part of our efforts to identify and arrest offenders.
“We’re urging residents to review their home security and consider investing in alarms, CCTV and video doorbells.
“If you see anyone acting suspiciously in your neighbourhood please report it to police straight away by calling 101. If you believe a crime is in progress dial 999.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus