St Albans builder invents new construction tool
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans builder has created a new tool to help the construction industry.
The K-Kap is made to make the process of sealing beam ends easier and more time efficient.
Kevin Nutkins decided to create this invention after continuously being asked by building inspectors to cover ends of beams.
He said that he thought to himself: “There’s got to be an easier way than wrapping the end of these beams with DPC and gaffer tapes.
“It takes ages, is a real health and safety issue and doesn’t even do the job properly.”
You may also want to watch:
Before the practicalities of covering the ends of the beams was time consuming and hard work, but now the process is made simpler - “a job that once took an hour now takes ten minutes.”
The caps are made from recyclable polyethylene which provides a solid barrier between the beam and any external damp.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
He said customers were coming back with praise, saying “It is just so easy”.