St Albans builder invents new construction tool
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans builder has created a new tool to help the construction industry.
The K-Kap is made to make the process of sealing beam ends easier and more time efficient.
Kevin Nutkins decided to create this invention after continuously being asked by building inspectors to cover ends of beams.
He said that he thought to himself: “There’s got to be an easier way than wrapping the end of these beams with DPC and gaffer tapes.
“It takes ages, is a real health and safety issue and doesn’t even do the job properly.”
You may also want to watch:
Before the practicalities of covering the ends of the beams was time consuming and hard work, but now the process is made simpler - “a job that once took an hour now takes ten minutes.”
The caps are made from recyclable polyethylene which provides a solid barrier between the beam and any external damp.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
He said customers were coming back with praise, saying “It is just so easy”.