St Albans builder invents new construction tool
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans builder has created a new tool to help the construction industry.
The K-Kap is made to make the process of sealing beam ends easier and more time efficient.
Kevin Nutkins decided to create this invention after continuously being asked by building inspectors to cover ends of beams.
He said that he thought to himself: “There’s got to be an easier way than wrapping the end of these beams with DPC and gaffer tapes.
“It takes ages, is a real health and safety issue and doesn’t even do the job properly.”
You may also want to watch:
Before the practicalities of covering the ends of the beams was time consuming and hard work, but now the process is made simpler - “a job that once took an hour now takes ten minutes.”
The caps are made from recyclable polyethylene which provides a solid barrier between the beam and any external damp.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 9 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
He said customers were coming back with praise, saying “It is just so easy”.