St Albans Buggy Fitness class to raise money for Grove House
- Credit: Archant
FITNESS-loving mums are being invited to take their babies and buggies to Westminster Lodge leisure centre next week for a fundraising class.
The sports centre in Holywell Hill, St Albans, is hosting a charity Buggy Fitness session on Thursday, August 15, and plans to double all the funds collected and donate them to Grove House.
Taking place in Verulamium Park, the work-out combines prams with circuit-style exercises to srengthen and tone post-pregnancy trouble spots and is suitable for mothers of all fitness levels as long as they have had their six week post-pregnancy GP check-up.
Chloe Charlton, Buggy Fitness instructor at Westminster Lodge and mum-of-two said: “Buggy Fitness makes it easy for mums to get out and exercise without the additional pressure and expense of childcare.
“It’s a great class and a supportive environment for new mums who can enjoy a chat and meet new friends while they workout.”
You may also want to watch:
Buggy Fitness is usually held every Monday from 10.30am to 11.25am. For more information contact the leisure centre on 01727 736080.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests