St Albans Buggy Fitness class to raise money for Grove House
- Credit: Archant
FITNESS-loving mums are being invited to take their babies and buggies to Westminster Lodge leisure centre next week for a fundraising class.
The sports centre in Holywell Hill, St Albans, is hosting a charity Buggy Fitness session on Thursday, August 15, and plans to double all the funds collected and donate them to Grove House.
Taking place in Verulamium Park, the work-out combines prams with circuit-style exercises to srengthen and tone post-pregnancy trouble spots and is suitable for mothers of all fitness levels as long as they have had their six week post-pregnancy GP check-up.
Chloe Charlton, Buggy Fitness instructor at Westminster Lodge and mum-of-two said: “Buggy Fitness makes it easy for mums to get out and exercise without the additional pressure and expense of childcare.
“It’s a great class and a supportive environment for new mums who can enjoy a chat and meet new friends while they workout.”
You may also want to watch:
Buggy Fitness is usually held every Monday from 10.30am to 11.25am. For more information contact the leisure centre on 01727 736080.
- 1 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 2 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 9 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 10 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines