St Albans Buggy Fitness class to raise money for Grove House
- Credit: Archant
FITNESS-loving mums are being invited to take their babies and buggies to Westminster Lodge leisure centre next week for a fundraising class.
The sports centre in Holywell Hill, St Albans, is hosting a charity Buggy Fitness session on Thursday, August 15, and plans to double all the funds collected and donate them to Grove House.
Taking place in Verulamium Park, the work-out combines prams with circuit-style exercises to srengthen and tone post-pregnancy trouble spots and is suitable for mothers of all fitness levels as long as they have had their six week post-pregnancy GP check-up.
Chloe Charlton, Buggy Fitness instructor at Westminster Lodge and mum-of-two said: “Buggy Fitness makes it easy for mums to get out and exercise without the additional pressure and expense of childcare.
“It’s a great class and a supportive environment for new mums who can enjoy a chat and meet new friends while they workout.”
You may also want to watch:
Buggy Fitness is usually held every Monday from 10.30am to 11.25am. For more information contact the leisure centre on 01727 736080.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery