St Albans military fitness club celebrates 10th anniversary with picnic
- Credit: Archant
A fitness club based in St Albans celebrated its tenth anniversary by holding an afternoon picnic in Verulamium Park.
Mathew Moine started managing the British Military Fitness sessions in St Albans in 2008, before it expanded to Watford and Hemel Hempstead in the years that followed.
The training sessions are run by veteran or current serving members of the armed forces and are catered to every level.
Matthew said fitness is a personal passion: “I get great satisfaction from seeing people reaching their goals, whether it’s weight loss or a half marathon.”
New and former members of the club came to the park picnic to mingle and celebrate the landmark anniversary.
You may also want to watch:
Mark O’Grady has been a member since day one: “I can’t think of a better way to take regular exercise two, three, four or more times a week, outside, in all weather, each week of the year.
“BMF members are a great bunch of like-minded individuals, from those regaining fitness to those training for their next iron man.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations