St Albans bridal store bags top industry award
- Credit: Archant
A beloved bridal shop has been recognised for their customer service with a coveted industry award.
The Bride, on George Street in St Albans, was shortlisted earlier this year in the Bridal Buyer Awards for the Best Retail Customer Service’award.
Owner Polly Parkin said she and her team put “hundreds of hours” into their application and that the award was a huge accolade for the independent shop, which celebrates 12 years of trading this month.
She attended the award ceremony and was “thrilled” that the shop won what she described as the most coveted category.
Polly said: “We’ve worked hard over the years to exceed the expectations of our brides and ensure they receive the very best personal service,
You may also want to watch:
“For us, it’s all about playing a part in making their wedding day extra special. To be recognised for all the hard work our incredible staff put in to make our service stand out, means such a lot.
“They bring the shop alive with their passion for helping brides and this really makes an impression. Our award has already taken pride of place in our showroom and to say we’re over the moon with it would be an understatement.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside
Polly said that as part of their application they had to describe three occasions where they had gone the extra mile for a customer.
She cited a time where a bride was about to walk down the aisle and forgot her bouquet, and Polly drove back to get it so she could get married on time. Polly added: “We’re known for our service levels and often have brides tell us that they booked their appointment because someone they know told them what a lovely experience it was coming to our shop.”
The Bride offers an appointment-only service and the new 2017 collection is just beginning to arrive in store.