St Albans bridal shop up for award
A BRIDAL shop in St Albans is celebrating after being shortlisted for best retailer in its field in the south of England.
The Bride on George Street is one of six retailers shortlisted in the the Bridal Buyer Awards in the best retailer category, a huge achievement for the shop which was set up eight years ago.
Speaking about the good news, founder Polly Parkin said it was recognition of the unique personalised service offered by The Bride and good news for St Albans’ retail community, which has recently been hit by a wave of closures in the city centre.
Polly set up The Bride in 2004 with the intention of providing brides-to-be in the area with the London boutique experience, only closer to home.
Working closely with four top British designers, all celebrated in the bridal sector, the store has gone from strength to strength.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the business saw a net profit growth of 80 per cent with sales turnover up 22 per cent on the previous year.
The team will have to wait until next month to find out if they win at a glittering award ceremony in London.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
There they will rub shoulders with top designers, some of whom they work closely with, and learn first hand whether Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, designer of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress, will be named Best British Bridal Designer.