St Albans bridal shop up for award
A BRIDAL shop in St Albans is celebrating after being shortlisted for best retailer in its field in the south of England.
The Bride on George Street is one of six retailers shortlisted in the the Bridal Buyer Awards in the best retailer category, a huge achievement for the shop which was set up eight years ago.
Speaking about the good news, founder Polly Parkin said it was recognition of the unique personalised service offered by The Bride and good news for St Albans’ retail community, which has recently been hit by a wave of closures in the city centre.
Polly set up The Bride in 2004 with the intention of providing brides-to-be in the area with the London boutique experience, only closer to home.
Working closely with four top British designers, all celebrated in the bridal sector, the store has gone from strength to strength.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the business saw a net profit growth of 80 per cent with sales turnover up 22 per cent on the previous year.
The team will have to wait until next month to find out if they win at a glittering award ceremony in London.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
There they will rub shoulders with top designers, some of whom they work closely with, and learn first hand whether Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, designer of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress, will be named Best British Bridal Designer.