St Albans bridal shop up for award
A BRIDAL shop in St Albans is celebrating after being shortlisted for best retailer in its field in the south of England.
The Bride on George Street is one of six retailers shortlisted in the the Bridal Buyer Awards in the best retailer category, a huge achievement for the shop which was set up eight years ago.
Speaking about the good news, founder Polly Parkin said it was recognition of the unique personalised service offered by The Bride and good news for St Albans’ retail community, which has recently been hit by a wave of closures in the city centre.
Polly set up The Bride in 2004 with the intention of providing brides-to-be in the area with the London boutique experience, only closer to home.
Working closely with four top British designers, all celebrated in the bridal sector, the store has gone from strength to strength.
Last year the business saw a net profit growth of 80 per cent with sales turnover up 22 per cent on the previous year.
The team will have to wait until next month to find out if they win at a glittering award ceremony in London.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
There they will rub shoulders with top designers, some of whom they work closely with, and learn first hand whether Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, designer of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress, will be named Best British Bridal Designer.