St Albans bridal shop up for award
A BRIDAL shop in St Albans is celebrating after being shortlisted for best retailer in its field in the south of England.
The Bride on George Street is one of six retailers shortlisted in the the Bridal Buyer Awards in the best retailer category, a huge achievement for the shop which was set up eight years ago.
Speaking about the good news, founder Polly Parkin said it was recognition of the unique personalised service offered by The Bride and good news for St Albans’ retail community, which has recently been hit by a wave of closures in the city centre.
Polly set up The Bride in 2004 with the intention of providing brides-to-be in the area with the London boutique experience, only closer to home.
Working closely with four top British designers, all celebrated in the bridal sector, the store has gone from strength to strength.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the business saw a net profit growth of 80 per cent with sales turnover up 22 per cent on the previous year.
The team will have to wait until next month to find out if they win at a glittering award ceremony in London.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
There they will rub shoulders with top designers, some of whom they work closely with, and learn first hand whether Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, designer of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress, will be named Best British Bridal Designer.