St Albans bridal shop guest stars on BBC’s Don’t Tell The Bride
- Credit: Archant
Wedding bells were ringing as the latest series of the BBC’s popular programme Don’t Tell the Bride hit the big screen last night (Thursday, June 24) and a St Albans bridal boutique was star of the show.
The Bride, in George Street, featured as the home of the bride-to-be’s dream wedding dress, as series nine of the hit programme got under way.
Owner Polly Parkin said: “We were very excited but we didn’t even know for definite until two days ago if we would feature as the programme maker can never promise anything.
“One of my lovely shop assistants Nikki Sedgley was in shot and helped the bride.
“It was filmed last summer so we started to wonder if it was ever going to happen!
You may also want to watch:
“A producer and camera man came in to film and they were there the whole day and they seemed to have a lot of fun.
“It was a shame as I was away in Devon that week but we did feature as a backdrop on an episode of Holby City once before!”
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
The episode followed young couple Andrew and Jenni from Shillington in Bedfordshire.
The boutique stocks dresses by designer Jenny Packham, who Jenni is a big fan of.
The Bride is an award-winning boutique that carries a wide selection of handmade gowns by a number of celebrated British dressmakers together with hand-picked accessories.
The episode aired on BBC1, in a move from its usual slot on BBC3, at 8pm.