St Albans branch of HMV to close
- Credit: Archant
THE St Albans branch of HMV is to close, administrators announced this morning.
Deloitte confirmed that a total of 66 of HMV’s 220 stores will be closed, affecting around 390 staff.
Nick Edwards, Joint Administrator, said: “As part of our ongoing review of HMV’s financial position, we have now completed a review of the store portfolio and have identified 66 loss making stores for closure.
“This step has been taken in order to enhance the prospects of securing the business’ future as a going concern.
“We continue to receive strong support from staff and are extremely grateful to them for their commitment during an understandably difficult period.
You may also want to watch:
“All other key stakeholders remain very supportive and I continue to be hopeful of securing a future for the restructured business.”
There is no fixed date set for the city centre shop’s closure, however a store member said they will be finding out more information in the next 72 hours.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
He said everyone had been saying how sad it was they were closing, and commented on the lack of other shops in the district which could offer the same products.