St Albans branch of HMV to close
- Credit: Archant
THE St Albans branch of HMV is to close, administrators announced this morning.
Deloitte confirmed that a total of 66 of HMV’s 220 stores will be closed, affecting around 390 staff.
Nick Edwards, Joint Administrator, said: “As part of our ongoing review of HMV’s financial position, we have now completed a review of the store portfolio and have identified 66 loss making stores for closure.
“This step has been taken in order to enhance the prospects of securing the business’ future as a going concern.
“We continue to receive strong support from staff and are extremely grateful to them for their commitment during an understandably difficult period.
“All other key stakeholders remain very supportive and I continue to be hopeful of securing a future for the restructured business.”
There is no fixed date set for the city centre shop’s closure, however a store member said they will be finding out more information in the next 72 hours.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans and Watford
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
He said everyone had been saying how sad it was they were closing, and commented on the lack of other shops in the district which could offer the same products.