St Albans branch of HMV to close
- Credit: Archant
THE St Albans branch of HMV is to close, administrators announced this morning.
Deloitte confirmed that a total of 66 of HMV’s 220 stores will be closed, affecting around 390 staff.
Nick Edwards, Joint Administrator, said: “As part of our ongoing review of HMV’s financial position, we have now completed a review of the store portfolio and have identified 66 loss making stores for closure.
“This step has been taken in order to enhance the prospects of securing the business’ future as a going concern.
“We continue to receive strong support from staff and are extremely grateful to them for their commitment during an understandably difficult period.
You may also want to watch:
“All other key stakeholders remain very supportive and I continue to be hopeful of securing a future for the restructured business.”
There is no fixed date set for the city centre shop’s closure, however a store member said they will be finding out more information in the next 72 hours.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
He said everyone had been saying how sad it was they were closing, and commented on the lack of other shops in the district which could offer the same products.