St Albans boys at Arsenal play day event
- Credit: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC
Arsenal’s youngest junior Gunners, including two boys from St Albans, recently pitched up to a Gunners play day party at the Emirates.
Three-year-old Luke Trawley of London Colney and Charlie Agalliu, two, from St Albans, were among 150 young footie fans at the event.
They had the chance to meet Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla, who attended the event with his young children, and to get stuck into activities based on the beautiful game.
Toddlers enjoyed mini games of footie and a bouncy castle – football themed of course.
Unfortunately club captain Thomas Vermaelen was unavailable but a cut-out cardboard figure of the star to pose alongside for photos was made available instead.
You may also want to watch:
As the club is this year marking the junior Gunners’ 30th anniversary, there was also a birthday themed arts and crafts area, with cup cake and party hat making, face painting and balloons.
For more details of other events for the anniversary year, see www.AlwaysAheadOfTheGame.com/Junior
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident