St Albans boy Luca the inspiration for charity effort
A CHEQUE almost as big as himself passed through little Luca Moseley-Carini’s hands before it was handed over to a children’s charity.
Luca, aged two, who lives in St Albans, was the inspiration behind a fundraising quiz at the London Road Club to raise funds for CLIC Sargent, which helps children with cancer and leukaemia.
The toddler has recently had a chemotherapy line removed from his neck at Great Ormond Street Hospital at the end of treatment for a cancerous germ-cell tumour based near his spine which was discovered last year.
Luca’s bravery during his treatment prompted his cousin Nina Carini to raise funds for CLIC and one of the ways she did it was by holding the fundraising quiz. To her delight, she far exceeded her target of �500 and raised �1,060.
As a result of an article about Luca in the Herts Advertiser, she was given a children’s book signed by some of the Arsenal team which she auctioned on the night for �42 after an initial bid of �5.
You may also want to watch:
She also ran out of raffle tickets but was able to get hold of more and eventually went into a third book.
Nina said: “I never imagined it to be such a great success and I’m so thankful to everyone who came to take part, everyone who donated prizes, Alison from The London Road Club and everyone else who helped me out.”
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind