Boy arrested after alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden involving knife
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of a knife after an alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden.
Police are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was said to have been targeted in Manland Way at around 3.30pm on Friday, November 8.
The offender was reported to have been carrying a small knife, and to have punched the victim during the incident.
Following the attack, a boy was arrested and has now been bailed until Friday, December 6.
St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team Insp Andy Wiseman said: "We will not tolerate knife crime and thankfully incidents like this are unusual in Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
"If you have any information about what happened please get in touch by calling 101, quoting crime reference 41/101209/19.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty