Boy arrested after alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden involving knife
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of a knife after an alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden.
Police are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was said to have been targeted in Manland Way at around 3.30pm on Friday, November 8.
The offender was reported to have been carrying a small knife, and to have punched the victim during the incident.
Following the attack, a boy was arrested and has now been bailed until Friday, December 6.
St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team Insp Andy Wiseman said: "We will not tolerate knife crime and thankfully incidents like this are unusual in Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
"If you have any information about what happened please get in touch by calling 101, quoting crime reference 41/101209/19.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans