Boy arrested after alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden involving knife
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy from St Albans has been arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of a knife after an alleged attempted robbery in Harpenden.
Police are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was said to have been targeted in Manland Way at around 3.30pm on Friday, November 8.
The offender was reported to have been carrying a small knife, and to have punched the victim during the incident.
Following the attack, a boy was arrested and has now been bailed until Friday, December 6.
St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Team Insp Andy Wiseman said: "We will not tolerate knife crime and thankfully incidents like this are unusual in Harpenden.
You may also want to watch:
"If you have any information about what happened please get in touch by calling 101, quoting crime reference 41/101209/19.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?