St Albans boy arrested for robberies on Alban Way
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy from St Albans has been arrested in connection with five robberies near the Alban Way.
The boy was arrested in Berners Drive last night following a targeted police operation, and remains in police custody.
He is suspected of committing three robberies and two attempted robberies near the Alban Way involving three women and two men.
A woman was robbed of her handbag on the Alban Way last night (Tuesday, June 11) and threatened with a knife. Police were able to recover her handbag.
On Monday, June 10 a man was approached by a male with a knife at 10.30pm in Prospect Road, and was asked for his phone and cash. The mugger then stole his bag.
You may also want to watch:
A woman was robbed by a male who threatened her with a knife in Grindcobbe Close, Cottonmill at 11pm on Friday, June 7. He demanded her handbag and she gave him £15 in cash. He then asked for her phone which she did not hand over.
Between 11.35pm and 11.50pm on Sunday, May 12 a male with a knife threatened a man on a cycle path on the Alban Way, off Berners Drive.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Finally, a man walking a dog was approached and threatened with a knife in Monks Close, Cottonmill between 9.15pm and 9.25pm on Tuesday, May 7, and handed over his wallet.