St Albans boutique scoops national award
FASHION boutique The Dressing Room enjoyed a taste of the red carpet last week as the store celebrated a win at the UK s biggest fashion awards ceremony. The Drapers Awards brought together more than 1,000 fashion industry leaders at Grosevenor House Ho
FASHION boutique The Dressing Room enjoyed a taste of the red carpet last week as the store celebrated a win at the UK's biggest fashion awards ceremony.
The Drapers Awards brought together more than 1,000 fashion industry leaders at Grosevenor House Hotel in London to celebrate the winners of 20 specialist categories and The Dressing Room in St Albans walked away with the prize for Womenswear Retailer of the Year 2009.
The High Street store was only established three years ago, which makes the prestigious accolade even more incredible.
"It has always been our goal to be recognised as the best store in the country - and our hard work and determination has paid off," said owner Deryane Tadd.
You may also want to watch:
The panel of judges said: "Whether the customer is a yummy mummy or a career-driven London commuter, The Dressing Room has the trends and brands to suit a wealth of fashion-conscious 30-somethings."
They also said they were blown away by the attention to detail, beautiful d�cor and excellent staff training programme provided by the boutique.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The Dressing Room's store manager Charlotte Wheeler said: "It was amazing to win. It's one of the biggest accolades of the fashion industry and we were just really pleased to be in the shortlist.
"We filled out the form and were selected along with nine other finalists. The judges came round and wanted to know everything about the store.
"Then we went down to the ceremony and we won - we were just really surprised!