St Albans boutique scoops national award
FASHION boutique The Dressing Room enjoyed a taste of the red carpet last week as the store celebrated a win at the UK s biggest fashion awards ceremony. The Drapers Awards brought together more than 1,000 fashion industry leaders at Grosevenor House Ho
FASHION boutique The Dressing Room enjoyed a taste of the red carpet last week as the store celebrated a win at the UK's biggest fashion awards ceremony.
The Drapers Awards brought together more than 1,000 fashion industry leaders at Grosevenor House Hotel in London to celebrate the winners of 20 specialist categories and The Dressing Room in St Albans walked away with the prize for Womenswear Retailer of the Year 2009.
The High Street store was only established three years ago, which makes the prestigious accolade even more incredible.
"It has always been our goal to be recognised as the best store in the country - and our hard work and determination has paid off," said owner Deryane Tadd.
You may also want to watch:
The panel of judges said: "Whether the customer is a yummy mummy or a career-driven London commuter, The Dressing Room has the trends and brands to suit a wealth of fashion-conscious 30-somethings."
They also said they were blown away by the attention to detail, beautiful d�cor and excellent staff training programme provided by the boutique.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
The Dressing Room's store manager Charlotte Wheeler said: "It was amazing to win. It's one of the biggest accolades of the fashion industry and we were just really pleased to be in the shortlist.
"We filled out the form and were selected along with nine other finalists. The judges came round and wanted to know everything about the store.
"Then we went down to the ceremony and we won - we were just really surprised!