St Albans born jewellery designer wins top award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans born and bred jewellery designer has pinned down a a top award as HSBC Retail Businesswoman of the Year.
Harriet Kelsall, who founded her eponymous bespoke jewellery business in 1998, received the award at the Forward Ladies Women in Business Awards held in Leeds.
The competition is one of the country’s biggest ever searches for successful women in business from an organisation founded to support women in their professional lives and champion the role of women in the workplace..
Harriet Kelsall Bespoke Jewellery was established in 1998 and is now recognised in the UK and across the world as a market leader in bespoke jewellery design, with over 20 national and international awards to its name.
Harriet is credited with revolutionising bespoke design within the jewellery industry and is a champion for ethics, the environment and education within her sector.
You may also want to watch:
She is vice-chairman of the National Association of Jewellers and is a board member of the Responsible Jewellery Council and the British Hallmarking Council.
Harriet, who is also a freeman of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, said, “I was amazed and thrilled to be chosen as Retail Businesswoman of the Year and to be recognised within such a vast network of successful businesswomen.”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
She was presented with a bespoke glass trophy, hand blown in Yorkshire.