St Albans bikers raising funds for family of tragic Ricky
- Credit: Archant
Supporters of a young dad killed in a motorbike accident last month are raising money to buy his two boys Christmas presents.
Members of Facebook group Herts, Beds and Bucks Bikers, which meets in St Albans every week, decided to collect money for the family of 31-year-old Ricky Clarke, from Bedford. He leaves widow, Marie and sons, Olly, four, and one-year-old Oscar.
He came off his motorbike and died suddenly at the scene on his way home from a bike shop in Northamptonshire.
Speaking on behalf of the social media group, Sherree Scales, 34, from Bricket Wood, said: “The biker group started collecting money for the family, with the aim of buying presents for Olly and Oscar. We wanted something special for Christmas from Herts, Beds and Bucks Bikers, as there will be no dad with them this year. Hopefully it will give them a little cheer, even for a short while.
“The response has been fantastic for this worthy cause. The Clarke family are overwhelmed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of the Herts, Beds and Bucks Biker group and all those who have donated - in the hope that the family can rest a little easier and with a little distraction at this sad unfortunate time.”
You may also want to watch:
They have raised £2142 so far, through cash donations, and auctioning donated professional services and products. Any residual money after presents are bought will be given to the family to aid funeral and related costs.
Bikers intend to take part in the funeral on December 17 in Milton Keynes.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
Sherree added: “A big cavalcade will be present to accompany Ricky on his way to the crematorium. The family have requested we turn up on bikes.
“The bikers are family. We are a huge group. Bikers tend to get a bad name but we go out of our way to help each other. I have an awesome proud feeling to be part of such a caring group of people.”
Make a donation via Paypal by sending to email@example.com. Or request to join the Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/HBB.bikers.