Five friends organising big pink party in St Albans for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of five friends are putting on a big, pink, party to fund raise for a cancer charity.
The family fun day will include a bake sale, candy floss, popcorn, balloons, facepainting, a tombola and raffle, nail painting, a photobooth, entertainers, bric-a-brac sales, and a quiz in the evening.
It will all be in aid of Breast Cancer Care, the only UK-wide charity supporting people specifically with breast cancer.
Three people organising the event are survivors of the illness.
Nina Carini is one of the women who has been lucky. She said: “Now we want to give something back to the charity that offered them so much support during the difficult times they faced as well as raising as much awareness as possible and encouraging women of all ages to check themselves regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all under 40 at diagnosis which I think you’d agree is so young.”
The fun day takes place from 2pm to 6pm on October 13 at The London Road Social Club. The quiz starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 6 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 7 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 8 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 9 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 10 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools