Five friends organising big pink party in St Albans for breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A group of five friends are putting on a big, pink, party to fund raise for a cancer charity.
The family fun day will include a bake sale, candy floss, popcorn, balloons, facepainting, a tombola and raffle, nail painting, a photobooth, entertainers, bric-a-brac sales, and a quiz in the evening.
It will all be in aid of Breast Cancer Care, the only UK-wide charity supporting people specifically with breast cancer.
Three people organising the event are survivors of the illness.
Nina Carini is one of the women who has been lucky. She said: “Now we want to give something back to the charity that offered them so much support during the difficult times they faced as well as raising as much awareness as possible and encouraging women of all ages to check themselves regularly.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all under 40 at diagnosis which I think you’d agree is so young.”
The fun day takes place from 2pm to 6pm on October 13 at The London Road Social Club. The quiz starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant