St Albans BHS store to shut permanently this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The British Home Store (BHS) shop in St Albans will be closing its doors for the last time this weekend.
The store in St Peters Street will have its last day of trading on Sunday (28) following the recent liquidation of the company.
Despite being a major retailer for nearly 90 years, they failed to find a suitable buyer after going into administration in April.
There is currently no indication of what will happen to the empty shop after BHS vacate the building.
All 163 stores are set to be closed by this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any comments about the closure of the St Albans store please send them to email@example.com.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner