St Albans BHS store to shut permanently this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The British Home Store (BHS) shop in St Albans will be closing its doors for the last time this weekend.
The store in St Peters Street will have its last day of trading on Sunday (28) following the recent liquidation of the company.
Despite being a major retailer for nearly 90 years, they failed to find a suitable buyer after going into administration in April.
There is currently no indication of what will happen to the empty shop after BHS vacate the building.
All 163 stores are set to be closed by this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any comments about the closure of the St Albans store please send them to email@example.com.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall