St Albans bee keeper kept buzzy in city centre
- Credit: Archant
A beekeeper from St Albans was called out to encourage some angry apis to buzz off.
Adrian Small, 49, of Gurney Court Road. saved the city from a swarm of bees last Friday evening, after giving out his number as a contact to deal with this sort of emergency.
A member of the public got in touch with Adrian after he had seen thousands of bees buzzing around the flower barrel outside Café Rouge on Holywell Hill.
Beekeeper Adrian commandeered a friend’s vehicle and rushed to the scene.
He took his mobile hive and used a smoking implement to gently encourage the bees inside and then took them to a place of safety where they could be released.
You may also want to watch:
Friend Howard Dalziel was there helping him out.
He said: “I was proud to watch Adrian do this for the safety of the local community.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
“He fearlessly tackled the bees and kindly saved the day. What a hero!”