St Albans beauty queen Sweety Kamble crowned Mrs UK popularity at Galaxy pageant
- Credit: Archant
A local Bollywood beauty queen fell short in her aim of being crowned Mrs UK at the final of a national pageant - but did claim one of the competition’s other awards.
Sweety Kamble, 45, qualified for the final of the UK Galaxy Pageant after being crowned Mrs St Albans in December.
Despite missing out on overall victory, the actress, model and part-time beautician, of Sandpit Lane St Albans, was named Mrs Popularity in the pageant’s final, held in Lancashire on February 4.
Contestants with the most votes on the UK Galaxy Facebook page going into the weekend were shortlisted for the prize, and Sweety was chosen as the winner by a panel of judges.
The final at the Park Hall Hotel in Preston also saw finalists judged by a panel of experts from the fashion industry in four rounds - fashion wear, swimwear, evening wear and an interview.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-crowned Mrs Popularity Galaxy said: “I want to thank everyone who encouraged and supported me in every possible way in my preparation.
“I felt very honoured to represent St Albans at such an extravagant event.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside
“I also want to thank UK Galaxy for giving me a great platform to show my talents and abilities.”
The UK Galaxy pageant was first launched in 2008 and is open to all girls from the age of 12 and above. Every year it hands out titles across five age groups - Junior Miss, Miss, Teen, Ms and Mrs.