St Albans beauty queen Sweety Kamble crowned Mrs UK popularity at Galaxy pageant
- Credit: Archant
A local Bollywood beauty queen fell short in her aim of being crowned Mrs UK at the final of a national pageant - but did claim one of the competition’s other awards.
Sweety Kamble, 45, qualified for the final of the UK Galaxy Pageant after being crowned Mrs St Albans in December.
Despite missing out on overall victory, the actress, model and part-time beautician, of Sandpit Lane St Albans, was named Mrs Popularity in the pageant’s final, held in Lancashire on February 4.
Contestants with the most votes on the UK Galaxy Facebook page going into the weekend were shortlisted for the prize, and Sweety was chosen as the winner by a panel of judges.
The final at the Park Hall Hotel in Preston also saw finalists judged by a panel of experts from the fashion industry in four rounds - fashion wear, swimwear, evening wear and an interview.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-crowned Mrs Popularity Galaxy said: “I want to thank everyone who encouraged and supported me in every possible way in my preparation.
“I felt very honoured to represent St Albans at such an extravagant event.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
“I also want to thank UK Galaxy for giving me a great platform to show my talents and abilities.”
The UK Galaxy pageant was first launched in 2008 and is open to all girls from the age of 12 and above. Every year it hands out titles across five age groups - Junior Miss, Miss, Teen, Ms and Mrs.