St Albans’ Batchwood nightclub collecting spare change for charity
- Credit: Archant
A popular St Albans venue has encouraged its customers to club together for charity this summer.
Club Batchwood has announced it will be collecting spare change as part of a ‘Give A Kid A Quid’ appeal from 20th August to 2nd September, which invites clubbers to donate while they dance.
All donations will go the The Echo Trust, which has raised more than £2.5 million to date for local children’s charities.
Lara Higgins, a 21-year-old student from St Albans, said she admired the club’s decision to support the community.
“As someone who often spends their nights out at Batchwood, I think it’s a great idea and an easy way to raise some extra money for a charity.”
You may also want to watch:
General Manager Peter Bell also praised the cause, and said he was confident his customers would dig deep.
“‘Give A Kid A Quid’ is a simple way to raise a lot of money that will transform the lives of young people in our community.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
“Our customers always respond generously to appeals for help and I am sure they will once again show how much they care.”