St Albans’ Batchwood nightclub collecting spare change for charity
- Credit: Archant
A popular St Albans venue has encouraged its customers to club together for charity this summer.
Club Batchwood has announced it will be collecting spare change as part of a ‘Give A Kid A Quid’ appeal from 20th August to 2nd September, which invites clubbers to donate while they dance.
All donations will go the The Echo Trust, which has raised more than £2.5 million to date for local children’s charities.
Lara Higgins, a 21-year-old student from St Albans, said she admired the club’s decision to support the community.
“As someone who often spends their nights out at Batchwood, I think it’s a great idea and an easy way to raise some extra money for a charity.”
General Manager Peter Bell also praised the cause, and said he was confident his customers would dig deep.
“‘Give A Kid A Quid’ is a simple way to raise a lot of money that will transform the lives of young people in our community.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“Our customers always respond generously to appeals for help and I am sure they will once again show how much they care.”