Sports betting company wins business award
- Credit: Mark Earthy
A St Albans-based financial trading and sports betting company has scooped an award for its provision of ‘spread betting’.
Spreadex, which is based in Upper Marlborough Road, was named best spread betting provider for 2018 at the City of London Wealth Management Awards.
The award was presented at the Guildhall in London by TV presenter Lisa Snowdon, and representatives from Barclays and Halifax also attended. Winners were determined by votes from more than 40,000 investors.
Spreadex marketing communications manager Andy MacKenzie said: ““We have improved our trading platform with a number of developments such as Trade via Charts over the last year and we are delighted to receive this accolade.
“We are honoured to have been recognised by so many investors from around the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Spreadex was formed in 1999 and employs more than 120 people.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Labour candidates?