Sports betting company wins business award
- Credit: Mark Earthy
A St Albans-based financial trading and sports betting company has scooped an award for its provision of ‘spread betting’.
Spreadex, which is based in Upper Marlborough Road, was named best spread betting provider for 2018 at the City of London Wealth Management Awards.
The award was presented at the Guildhall in London by TV presenter Lisa Snowdon, and representatives from Barclays and Halifax also attended. Winners were determined by votes from more than 40,000 investors.
Spreadex marketing communications manager Andy MacKenzie said: ““We have improved our trading platform with a number of developments such as Trade via Charts over the last year and we are delighted to receive this accolade.
“We are honoured to have been recognised by so many investors from around the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Spreadex was formed in 1999 and employs more than 120 people.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure