St Albans bartender is shaken, not stirred, by World’s Best Martini win
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans bartender helped snatch the title of World’s Best Martini following a high profile challenge in London.
Working alongside the Tring-based Puddingstone Distillery at the 100 Wardour St bar, Roberto Fiorillo from Dylan’s Kings Arms helped beat last year’s champions to bring home the 2019 title with their showcase Martini recipe.
Now in its third year, the competition saw producers team up with a bar and bartender to be scored on both a showcase and a classic Martini.
Judges were impressed by the combination of Campfire London Dry Gin and Dolin Dry Vermouth garnished with orange peel “flowers” soaked in Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth, which they say created a unique and innovative twist on the classic Martini.
Roberto’s showcase Martini is now available to sample at Dylan’s Kings Arms in George Street.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Sean Hughes said: “We are really proud to have supported the Puddingstone Distillery and are delighted with the win! We love their gin and Roberto also uses it for a superb George Street Negoni.”
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind