St Albans bartender is shaken, not stirred, by World’s Best Martini win
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans bartender helped snatch the title of World’s Best Martini following a high profile challenge in London.
Working alongside the Tring-based Puddingstone Distillery at the 100 Wardour St bar, Roberto Fiorillo from Dylan’s Kings Arms helped beat last year’s champions to bring home the 2019 title with their showcase Martini recipe.
Now in its third year, the competition saw producers team up with a bar and bartender to be scored on both a showcase and a classic Martini.
Judges were impressed by the combination of Campfire London Dry Gin and Dolin Dry Vermouth garnished with orange peel “flowers” soaked in Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth, which they say created a unique and innovative twist on the classic Martini.
Roberto’s showcase Martini is now available to sample at Dylan’s Kings Arms in George Street.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Sean Hughes said: “We are really proud to have supported the Puddingstone Distillery and are delighted with the win! We love their gin and Roberto also uses it for a superb George Street Negoni.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved