St Albans bartender is shaken, not stirred, by World’s Best Martini win
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans bartender helped snatch the title of World’s Best Martini following a high profile challenge in London.
Working alongside the Tring-based Puddingstone Distillery at the 100 Wardour St bar, Roberto Fiorillo from Dylan’s Kings Arms helped beat last year’s champions to bring home the 2019 title with their showcase Martini recipe.
Now in its third year, the competition saw producers team up with a bar and bartender to be scored on both a showcase and a classic Martini.
Judges were impressed by the combination of Campfire London Dry Gin and Dolin Dry Vermouth garnished with orange peel “flowers” soaked in Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth, which they say created a unique and innovative twist on the classic Martini.
Roberto’s showcase Martini is now available to sample at Dylan’s Kings Arms in George Street.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Sean Hughes said: “We are really proud to have supported the Puddingstone Distillery and are delighted with the win! We love their gin and Roberto also uses it for a superb George Street Negoni.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted