Hair today, gone tomorrow - new St Albans barber continues Vince’s legacy
- Credit: Archant
A much-missed St Albans barber is returning to the city to hand over the scissors to his successor.
Hassan Choudhury is the new owner of the Vintage Barber Company, formerly Vince’s Barbers, in Keyfield Terrace.
He has taken over the business following the retirement of Vince Santonastaso.
“There have been a lot of enquiries about Vince since he retired. The barber shop is due to re-open within the next few weeks.
“I have arranged with Vince to attend the grand opening to celebrate all the work that he has accomplished and give him the goodbyes that he deserves.”
You may also want to watch:
The father-of-three has lived in St Albans all his life and attended Marlborough School.
Hassan said: “I am taking on a piece of history. Everyone knows that place.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“Vince was the fastest barber in the world, not sacrificing quality.
“He did a great job and was affordable for everyone.
“We used to go there when we were kids and this is such a massive deal for me, being able to continue the legacy.
“I couldn’t imagine that barbers as anything other than that.
“We can’t wait to welcome Vince at our opening.”