St Albans band Enter Shikari go on the road
- Credit: Enter Shikari
St Albans band Enter Shikari has announced the opening artist for the group’s nationwide tour which kicks off in Glasgow next February.
The band – Chris Batten, Rory Clewlow, Rob Rolfe and Rou Reynolds – will be joined by The King Blues, which has recently announced the reformation of its original line-up.
Enter Shikari’s The Mindsweep Tour UK 2016 will also include US label-mates The Wonder Years.
Rou, the local band’s frontman, said that the bands have previously played together on a number of occasions, with members counting as longtime friends.
He said: “The King Blues are such an important British band. With music influenced by many different genres and cultures, and lyrics that represent and reinforce people, it’s great to have them back.”
You may also want to watch:
Rou went on: “We had a blast when we toured together a few years back, so we can’t wait to go off gallivanting around the country with them again. And for all those folk in the media asking, ‘where are all the bands with something to say?’ Well, here’s three bands who, even though they approach it from different directions, create music that stems from punk, and carry its spirit and its willingness to engage with issues both personal and social.”
February next year will see Enter Shikari playing in Scotland, followed by gigs in Nottingham, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Manchester and at Alexandra Palace in London.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?
Then the band will head off to France in March, followed by performances in Spain, Italy and Germany, along with festivals in Switzerland and Ukraine.