St Albans and Harpenden children’s yoga club moves online
- Credit: Archant
A children’s yoga club in St Albans and Harpenden have moved their classes online amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Kalma Baby, which run yoga classes for babies, toddlers and juniors up to the age of 12, decided to put their classes online after the stringent social distancing measures were announced last month.
Lola Conrich, the franchise owner for Kalma Baby in St Albans and Harpenden, had to cancel all community classes, and turn her living room into a home yoga studio.
Although the classes primarily focus on yoga activities, Kalma Baby also teach relaxation techniques and mindfulness for parents, carers, and their children.
During this period, the club are running five online classes a week.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the classes are designed to be age appropriate, and particularly involve the parents and carers in the baby, toddler, and pre-school classes, while older juniors can attend sessions on their own.
One of the parents who attends the online classes said: “Arya and I have been attending baby yoga with Lola since she was about two months old – she’s now eight months old and still absolutely loves the classes.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 8 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 9 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
“Having the classes online has really helped us keep some kind of ‘normality’ in our week during these strange times.
“It’s been lovely to see the other mums and their babies too.”
Lola believes these classes can provide moments of calm during this uncertain period.
She said: “I’m so grateful I can offer a moment of fun and relaxation during these incredibly challenging times for parents, carers and their little ones.
“I love seeing those smiling faces coming up to the screen and, as a mother to a two year old, it has been a bit of a challenge to work with everyone at home.”
“However, this is the time when we need to feel grounded and connected more than ever before.
“I hope my classes can provide a moment of oasis, calm and beautiful memories created during a very trying time.”
If you would like to find out more about online yoga classes with Kalma Baby, go to https://kalmababy.co.uk/stalbans-and-harpenden/