St Albans author says Follow Me to book launch event
- Credit: Archant
An author whose debut crime thriller novel has been met with critical acclaim will be hosting an official book launch this Saturday as a thank you for the local support she has received.
Angela Clarke, author of Confessions of a Fashionista, released her debut crime novel Follow Me late last year, and sold more than 12,000 in the first three weeks.
An evening of cocktails, or ‘mocktails’ for those doing dry January, and a Q&A with Angela will take place at Waterstones in St Albans from 6.30pm and everyone is welcome.
Angela said: “I’ll be there to answer questions about the book, the themes tackled in it, how to make a success of a writing career, and to sign books.”
The novel tells the tale of a modern-day murderer using social media to generate a ‘ghoulish following for his gruesome murder spree’ and has been met with high praise from critics.
You may also want to watch:
It was named as Amazon’s Debut of the Month for January and discussed on Radio 4’s Saturday Review Show.
Caroline Criado-Perez, who was infamously ‘trolled’ online when she campaigned for a woman to remain on the Bank of England banknotes, said of the book: “Gripping, darkly funny and feminist, I loved Follow Me.”
For more information click here.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme