St Albans author says Follow Me to book launch event
- Credit: Archant
An author whose debut crime thriller novel has been met with critical acclaim will be hosting an official book launch this Saturday as a thank you for the local support she has received.
Angela Clarke, author of Confessions of a Fashionista, released her debut crime novel Follow Me late last year, and sold more than 12,000 in the first three weeks.
An evening of cocktails, or ‘mocktails’ for those doing dry January, and a Q&A with Angela will take place at Waterstones in St Albans from 6.30pm and everyone is welcome.
Angela said: “I’ll be there to answer questions about the book, the themes tackled in it, how to make a success of a writing career, and to sign books.”
The novel tells the tale of a modern-day murderer using social media to generate a ‘ghoulish following for his gruesome murder spree’ and has been met with high praise from critics.
It was named as Amazon’s Debut of the Month for January and discussed on Radio 4’s Saturday Review Show.
Caroline Criado-Perez, who was infamously ‘trolled’ online when she campaigned for a woman to remain on the Bank of England banknotes, said of the book: “Gripping, darkly funny and feminist, I loved Follow Me.”
For more information click here.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment