St Albans Apprentice finalist Luisa Zissman launches Bakers Toolkit project
- Credit: Joe Alvarez
She was the little entrepreneur that could, and this week Apprentice finalist Luisa Zissman is basking in the warm glow of success following the launch of her Bakers Toolkit project.
The St Albans businesswoman has completed a journey from cupcake shop owner through reality TV star to become the head of a major baking brand.
Bakers Toolkit, which is soon to be stocked on Amazon and in selected Sainsbury’s stores, is a one-stop-shop for cake decorators looking for anything from edible glitter to cupcake cases.
Thanks to locally-based company Angels Den, she now has 16 investors in tow and has worked tirelessly for last three months to get it off the ground.
She was joined by her Apprentice pals Francesca MacDuff-Varley, Jason Leech, Natalie Panayi, Uzma Yakoob and Sophie Lau, celebrity party girls Bianca Gascoigne and Lizzie Cundy, Britain’s Got Talent impressionist Francine Lewis and legendary choreographer Arlene Phillips for the launch event in Mayfair last week.
A team from the Herts Advertiser was also invited, in thanks to the paper for its backing during her time on The Apprentice, which had culminated with the only local newspaper interview with Luisa following the show’s conclusion.
The 26-year-old’s fellow Apprentice contestant Jason praised the Herts Ad for its regular and positive coverage of the show, something his own local newspaper failed to provide.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
The night was based on the theme of a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party and Luisa ensured she gave waiting paparazzi their money shot by dressing as the Queen of Hearts and arriving on horseback with her three-year-old daughter Dixie.
As guests supped on 1,500 cocktails and dived into a tower of sweet treats, the bubbly brunette slipped into an eye-catching yellow sparkly number and draped herself in diamonds supplied by St Albans jeweller Anthony Hayes.
Unsurprisingly Lord Sugar gave the bash a wide berth after he turned down the chance to own a slice of Luisa’s baking venture back in July.
Luisa said: “I don’t think I’ve ever been so challenged in my life but it is amazing to see it all come together and see people buying my products.
“I have wanted my own baking brand for quite a few years now so it’s a dream come true.”
Visit www.bakerstoolkit.co.uk for more information.