Animal welfare charity near St Albans needs your help
- Credit: Archant
An animal charity in Wheathampstead is calling for your help.
The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW) is appealing for donations to enable it to increase its ability to fund its work.
The charity, based on Brewhouse Hill, has helped millions of animals around the world, from pets to wild and farm animals.
Currently supported by a grant of £40,000 and supporters, a Just Giving campaign has been launched to try and raise an additional £10,000 as the need is so great.
Chief executive Dr Robert Hubrecht said: "One of the key tools for improving animals' welfare and preventing unnecessary suffering is animal welfare science. Change for the better depends on knowledge, understanding and practical solutions and science provides the evidence for these.
You may also want to watch:
"People who give a donation, become a member and/or help us spread the knowledge gained by science to benefit animals are the very lifeblood of the charity."
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward