Harpenden headteacher and Oaklands College teacher among St Albans recipients of Queen’s Birthday Honours
PUBLISHED: 22:30 08 June 2018
The following people from St Albans and Radlett have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
• Claire Elizabeth Robins, headteacher of Sir John Lawes School and member of the North West London South Central Headteacher’s Board, has been awarded an OBE for services to education.
• Sally Kendall, professor of community nursing and public health at the University of Kent, has been awarded a MBE for services to nursing and to research.
• Melvyn Roy Teare, a former district councillor and chair of the district’s chamber of commerce, has been awarded a MBE for services to the community and to local charities in St Albans.
• Anne Elizabeth Ross has been awarded a British Empire Medal for services to families of young people with special needs.
• Peter Andrew Templeman, curriculum technician in carpentry and joinery at Oaklands College, has been awarded a British Empire Medal for services to technical education.
• Steven Elworthy from Radlett, formerly director of events at the English Cricket Board, has been awarded a MBE for services to cricket.