Men charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in St Albans and Hertsmere after A505 Duxford police chase
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in St Albans, Hertsmere and Watford following a sting by Herts police’s Operation Scorpion.
Officers from the Hertsmere Scorpion Team identified a vehicle which was believed to be linked to burglaries in the three areas while carrying out patrols on the evening of Monday, January 6.
They had been alerted that the vehicle was in Cambridgeshire before travelling south, and it was then spotted on the A505 near Duxford.
With assistance from the Mobile Scorpion Team, the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit, Essex Police, the Metropolitan Police and the police helicopter, the vehicle was pursued into London - where it was eventually stopped on the A406 and the five occupants were arrested.
Herts police's Specialist Investigation Team took charge of the investigation, and all five men were charged with conspiracy to commit dwelling burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Those charged were Alexis Castro, age 37, from London, and Christian Rubio, 38, Carlos Aranis, 30, Mario Fernandez-Garrido, 33, and Sergio Saravia, 38, all of no fixed abode.
Mr Saravia was also charged with failure to stop a vehicle when required to by police.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
The men are due to appear at Hatfield Magistrates' Court tomorrow (Thursday, January 9).