St Albans and Harpenden charity shops urgently need more volunteers
- Credit: Archant
If you have some time to spare and would like to help a worthwhile cause then you could be just the person Rennie Grove Hospice Care is looking for. The charity currently needs people to help at their shops in St Albans and Harpenden.
Area manager Deborah Gould said: “We are really keen to hear from anyone who would like to volunteer. You don’t have to give a minimum amount of time or even commit to specific days as it would be helpful for us to have people we could call on to help during holiday times or at busy times such as Christmas.
“Our volunteers tell us they enjoy working in the shops and the varied work this can involve. They also like being part of a friendly team that is helping their local community.
“Our retail team receive 650 bags of donated items every day and our shops are tasked with raising £2.2 million each year. Thanks to our dedicated volunteers and the good quality donations, their profit margin is the second highest for UK hospices at 45.5 per cent.”
The charity is particularly keen to hear from volunteers who would be able to help in their shops between 10am-2pm. This might suit mums who have children at school and are looking to keep their skills up until they return to work.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer services manager Jane Carruthers added: “As a charity we rely on the goodwill of people who are willing to give up their time to help other local families. Without their support we simply couldn’t care for so many patients. Our fantastic volunteers save the charity around £1.5 million each year.”
If you are interested in volunteering with us please contact the Rennie Grove Volunteer Services Team on 01727 731000 or email email@example.com or visit www.renniegrove.org/volunteer.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers