Talented St Albans and Harpenden teens dancing in professional ballet performance
- Credit: Archant
Talented young dancers have been chosen to perform with a professional ballet company this week.
Eleven teens from St Albans and Harpenden will plié, twirl and curtesy in the English Youth Ballet’s performance of Coppélia. They will dance alongside professionals including Samantha Camejo, Monica Tapiador, Caroline Cabot, Phillip Tunstall, Phillip Bollev and Trevor Wood.
Jade Smith, 17, trains at the Harpenden Dance School. She said: “As soon as I heard music when I was younger I just started jumping around so my mum sent me off to ballet lessons.
“I am looking forward to dancing with English Youth Ballet because I just want to dance on stage and experience dancing with professionals.”
The dancers were chosen from 150 auditionees in November and have had 10 days of rehearsals ahead of opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Buy tickets for Coppélia, on Friday, March 2 to Saturday, March 3 at Rickmansworth Watersmeet Theatre, on 01923 711063.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery