Talented St Albans and Harpenden teens dancing in professional ballet performance
- Credit: Archant
Talented young dancers have been chosen to perform with a professional ballet company this week.
Eleven teens from St Albans and Harpenden will plié, twirl and curtesy in the English Youth Ballet’s performance of Coppélia. They will dance alongside professionals including Samantha Camejo, Monica Tapiador, Caroline Cabot, Phillip Tunstall, Phillip Bollev and Trevor Wood.
Jade Smith, 17, trains at the Harpenden Dance School. She said: “As soon as I heard music when I was younger I just started jumping around so my mum sent me off to ballet lessons.
“I am looking forward to dancing with English Youth Ballet because I just want to dance on stage and experience dancing with professionals.”
The dancers were chosen from 150 auditionees in November and have had 10 days of rehearsals ahead of opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Buy tickets for Coppélia, on Friday, March 2 to Saturday, March 3 at Rickmansworth Watersmeet Theatre, on 01923 711063.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival