Talented St Albans and Harpenden teens dancing in professional ballet performance
- Credit: Archant
Talented young dancers have been chosen to perform with a professional ballet company this week.
Eleven teens from St Albans and Harpenden will plié, twirl and curtesy in the English Youth Ballet’s performance of Coppélia. They will dance alongside professionals including Samantha Camejo, Monica Tapiador, Caroline Cabot, Phillip Tunstall, Phillip Bollev and Trevor Wood.
Jade Smith, 17, trains at the Harpenden Dance School. She said: “As soon as I heard music when I was younger I just started jumping around so my mum sent me off to ballet lessons.
“I am looking forward to dancing with English Youth Ballet because I just want to dance on stage and experience dancing with professionals.”
The dancers were chosen from 150 auditionees in November and have had 10 days of rehearsals ahead of opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Buy tickets for Coppélia, on Friday, March 2 to Saturday, March 3 at Rickmansworth Watersmeet Theatre, on 01923 711063.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder