Accountants donate toiletries to St Albans women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
Accountants in St Albans have donated toiletries and toys to a local women’s shelter.
Mercer and Hole are collecting items for St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge, to help the people who seek sanctuary there.
The charity provide a safe and comfortable environment for women and children suffering domestic abuse, as well as offering support and advice.
Diane Coban and Liz Buckler are Mercer and Hole’s charity champions in the St Albans branch.
Liz said: “St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge is a great cause. We thought some of our team may have bought an excess of toiletries for their summer holidays, which they could donate and this does seem to have been the case.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased to have collected so many toiletries and toys to hand over to the refuge and hope they will make the women and children’s lives there a little better.”
The company’s charity of the year is the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier