Accountants donate toiletries to St Albans women’s refuge
- Credit: Archant
Accountants in St Albans have donated toiletries and toys to a local women’s shelter.
Mercer and Hole are collecting items for St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge, to help the people who seek sanctuary there.
The charity provide a safe and comfortable environment for women and children suffering domestic abuse, as well as offering support and advice.
Diane Coban and Liz Buckler are Mercer and Hole’s charity champions in the St Albans branch.
Liz said: “St Albans and Hertsmere Women’s Refuge is a great cause. We thought some of our team may have bought an excess of toiletries for their summer holidays, which they could donate and this does seem to have been the case.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really pleased to have collected so many toiletries and toys to hand over to the refuge and hope they will make the women and children’s lives there a little better.”
The company’s charity of the year is the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold