St Albans Abbey volunteer has her bag stolen
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER at St Albans Abbey has warned visitors to the city to keep a close watch on their handbags after someone stole her bag from the church’s gift shop.
Sandra Mosley said that her tan handbag had been stored in a small room at the Abbey, under her coat, while she served customers last Thursday.
She said: “When it was time to go home at 4pm, I found my coat on the floor and the bag wasn’t there.”
Sandra said while there was only £10 in the bag, it contained keys for her car and home – the locks of which have since been replaced.
She added: “It is a holy place and it shouldn’t happen there.”
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey has informed police of the theft.
n In February this year two women were put behind bars after purse-dipping from a pensioner in St Albans city centre. The women were each sentenced to four months prison for stealing a purse from a woman in her 80s.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate