St Albans Abbey volunteer has her bag stolen
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER at St Albans Abbey has warned visitors to the city to keep a close watch on their handbags after someone stole her bag from the church’s gift shop.
Sandra Mosley said that her tan handbag had been stored in a small room at the Abbey, under her coat, while she served customers last Thursday.
She said: “When it was time to go home at 4pm, I found my coat on the floor and the bag wasn’t there.”
Sandra said while there was only £10 in the bag, it contained keys for her car and home – the locks of which have since been replaced.
She added: “It is a holy place and it shouldn’t happen there.”
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey has informed police of the theft.
n In February this year two women were put behind bars after purse-dipping from a pensioner in St Albans city centre. The women were each sentenced to four months prison for stealing a purse from a woman in her 80s.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans