St Albans Abbey volunteer has her bag stolen
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER at St Albans Abbey has warned visitors to the city to keep a close watch on their handbags after someone stole her bag from the church’s gift shop.
Sandra Mosley said that her tan handbag had been stored in a small room at the Abbey, under her coat, while she served customers last Thursday.
She said: “When it was time to go home at 4pm, I found my coat on the floor and the bag wasn’t there.”
Sandra said while there was only £10 in the bag, it contained keys for her car and home – the locks of which have since been replaced.
She added: “It is a holy place and it shouldn’t happen there.”
The Abbey has informed police of the theft.
n In February this year two women were put behind bars after purse-dipping from a pensioner in St Albans city centre. The women were each sentenced to four months prison for stealing a purse from a woman in her 80s.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge