St Albans Abbey volunteer has her bag stolen
- Credit: Archant
A VOLUNTEER at St Albans Abbey has warned visitors to the city to keep a close watch on their handbags after someone stole her bag from the church’s gift shop.
Sandra Mosley said that her tan handbag had been stored in a small room at the Abbey, under her coat, while she served customers last Thursday.
She said: “When it was time to go home at 4pm, I found my coat on the floor and the bag wasn’t there.”
Sandra said while there was only £10 in the bag, it contained keys for her car and home – the locks of which have since been replaced.
She added: “It is a holy place and it shouldn’t happen there.”
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey has informed police of the theft.
n In February this year two women were put behind bars after purse-dipping from a pensioner in St Albans city centre. The women were each sentenced to four months prison for stealing a purse from a woman in her 80s.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 3 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 8 When will the election results be counted in Herts?
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base