Young St Albans footballer mascot for Premier League game
- Credit: Archant
A budding young St Albans footballer will be a mascot for a Premier League match today.
Twelve-year-old Spurs fan Ellie Langton was picked from the St Albans girls side to meet her heroes in the Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur game at Wembley.
She said: “I’m happy and excited because I have been playing football for St Albans for a long time.
“In our family Spurs is a big thing, so it is nice - and my uncle was a mascot when he was young.”
Midfielder Ellie is most excited to meet Spurs player Dele Alli, who plays in the same position as her.
She has been on the St Albans team for about five years.
When Ellie is older she would like to pursue accountancy - if a career in football does not work out first of course.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Fire breaks out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 10 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
Her grandad, Graham Nash, said: “She will meet her heroes so she is very excited.”