Young St Albans footballer mascot for Premier League game
- Credit: Archant
A budding young St Albans footballer will be a mascot for a Premier League match today.
Twelve-year-old Spurs fan Ellie Langton was picked from the St Albans girls side to meet her heroes in the Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur game at Wembley.
She said: “I’m happy and excited because I have been playing football for St Albans for a long time.
“In our family Spurs is a big thing, so it is nice - and my uncle was a mascot when he was young.”
Midfielder Ellie is most excited to meet Spurs player Dele Alli, who plays in the same position as her.
You may also want to watch:
She has been on the St Albans team for about five years.
When Ellie is older she would like to pursue accountancy - if a career in football does not work out first of course.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 4 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 7 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Her grandad, Graham Nash, said: “She will meet her heroes so she is very excited.”