Young St Albans footballer mascot for Premier League game
- Credit: Archant
A budding young St Albans footballer will be a mascot for a Premier League match today.
Twelve-year-old Spurs fan Ellie Langton was picked from the St Albans girls side to meet her heroes in the Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur game at Wembley.
She said: “I’m happy and excited because I have been playing football for St Albans for a long time.
“In our family Spurs is a big thing, so it is nice - and my uncle was a mascot when he was young.”
Midfielder Ellie is most excited to meet Spurs player Dele Alli, who plays in the same position as her.
You may also want to watch:
She has been on the St Albans team for about five years.
When Ellie is older she would like to pursue accountancy - if a career in football does not work out first of course.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Her grandad, Graham Nash, said: “She will meet her heroes so she is very excited.”