Young St Albans footballer mascot for Premier League game
- Credit: Archant
A budding young St Albans footballer will be a mascot for a Premier League match today.
Twelve-year-old Spurs fan Ellie Langton was picked from the St Albans girls side to meet her heroes in the Newcastle vs Tottenham Hotspur game at Wembley.
She said: “I’m happy and excited because I have been playing football for St Albans for a long time.
“In our family Spurs is a big thing, so it is nice - and my uncle was a mascot when he was young.”
Midfielder Ellie is most excited to meet Spurs player Dele Alli, who plays in the same position as her.
You may also want to watch:
She has been on the St Albans team for about five years.
When Ellie is older she would like to pursue accountancy - if a career in football does not work out first of course.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
Her grandad, Graham Nash, said: “She will meet her heroes so she is very excited.”