Squirrel escapes fire in St Albans
A MISCHIEVOUS squirrel surprised firefighters last Sunday (September 23) after they were called to a small fire in St Albans.
The fire crew went to a junction off Ronsons Way just after 10am to extinguish the blaze, which was surrounding the base of an Eastern Electricity pole.
Shortly after firefighters noticed the furry four-legged animal crawling away with a singed back legs and tail.
The squirrel had a lucky escape and has sparked confusion over whether it caused the fire.