Squirrel escapes fire in St Albans
PUBLISHED: 14:58 26 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:26 26 September 2012
A MISCHIEVOUS squirrel surprised firefighters last Sunday (September 23) after they were called to a small fire in St Albans.
The fire crew went to a junction off Ronsons Way just after 10am to extinguish the blaze, which was surrounding the base of an Eastern Electricity pole.
Shortly after firefighters noticed the furry four-legged animal crawling away with a singed back legs and tail.
The squirrel had a lucky escape and has sparked confusion over whether it caused the fire.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.